EHR analytics have been in the spotlight lately, and that’s a trend that probably won’t change. The information that your staff receives, creates and stores about clients is of enormous importance on an individual basis and can help guide decisions about treatment plans and progress.
The information gathered about clients through EHR software is also important on a larger level. The more data in your system, the more valuable analytics you can pull from the database. As you gather information on all of your clients, that combined information gets more and more valuable. Mental health agencies of all sizes should consider the benefits of analyzing this information on a regular basis.
There is a treasure trove of information being stored in your EHR that you can start using to inform business and treatment decisions. When you use EHR data analytics, you can manage your agency more effectively which leads to better client outcomes and a healthier business model.
Some questions that can be asked that your EHR should be able to answer are:
- How many days after a service does it take for a note to be approved?
- How long after a service is completed does it take to receive payments from a specific payer?
- What is the average Length of Stay of Clients by Program, Location, Funding Source, or EBP?
- What percentage of clients have or are currently experiencing homelessness?
- Are the cultural needs being of clients being met through staff diversity?
- How impactful is staff turnover on reduced payments?
- How impactful is staff turnover on client improvement?
- What trends do we see in long term employees and the care they provide to clients?
- How do clients improve over time within specific programs? Are some programs more impactful than others?
- What is the general cost of providing services to clients based on primary diagnosis?
- Are clients satisfied with the services they receive?
- Which clients are less likely to have symptom reduction when telehealth services are provided? Is it age based, diagnosis based, living arrangement based?
- How do referral rates change throughout the year?
All EHR’s should be able to answer all of these questions but unfortunately not all of them have that capability. Exym can answer these questions and much more in our Exym Analytics module. Exym’s Analytics integration delivers industry-leading visualization capabilities that are fully integrated with your client data. Exym Analytics helps agencies make data-driven decisions and build their own dashboards and reports for the information that is most meaningful to them.
EHR Data in Exym Analytics
One question agencies might have is “How many days after a service does it take for a note to be approved?” The answer to this is easily accessible in Exym Analytics, and the data can be used to spot areas or departments that might need more support so that notes can be turned around more quickly.
Another question that agencies sometimes ask is “How long after a service is completed does it take to receive payments from a specific payer?” This information can be easily pulled from Exym Analytics and can be useful for cash flow planning, identifying potential issues and troubleshooting.
Sometimes agencies need a quick single number like “What percentage of clients have or are currently experiencing homelessness?” That number can be quickly pulled from Exym Analytics and can be helpful in identifying grants or funding that the agency might qualify for and in assessing client needs when creating new programs.
Demographics are captured in Exym Analytics and can help answer questions like “Are the cultural needs of clients being met through staff diversity?” quickly and easily. This can inform hiring decisions to make sure that the cultural needs of clients are being reflected in the clinical staff that works with them.
DOES YOUR AGENCY NEED TO START MAKING DATA-DRIVEN DECISIONS?
MAKE REPORTING WORK FOR YOU + EASILY ACCESS CRITICAL INFORMATION WITH EXYM ANALYTICS!
- Easily advance your reporting by creating customized data visualizations and dashboards directly within Exym.
- Develop custom reports and visuals to demonstrate outcomes to funders.
- Use data-driven analytics to improve your programs and make behavioral healthcare decisions.
- Create customized dashboards for different programs and roles within your organization.
If you’d like to learn more about Exym and our powerful analytics module, CLICK HERE.